Categorized | 1996

1996 John Wesley Kroeker

Posted on 19 July 2011 by Mel Friesen

1996, John W. Kroeker was born on October 17, 1969 in Hutchinson, Kansas to Peter & Esther (Winsinger) Kroeker.  He died at Hopewell House in Portland, Oregon on July 17, 2011 at the age of 41.  John lived a few years in rural Kansas, accepted the Lord early in childhood.
He worked for Nylus Construction building homes, he enjoyed touring the homes that he recently worked on.  John married Joleen Weaver on
He was a member of Grace Baptist Church and his interests included woodworking.
Survivors include: Mother: Esther Kroeker of N. Newton, Kansas; Wife: Joleen Kroeker and Son: Jonathan both of St. Helens; Brother: Samuel Kroeker, his wife Marcia and son TJ of Omaha, Nebraska.  Memorial contributions may be sent to the Darwin Stoesz Missionary Fund-Japan % Send International.

5 Comments For This Post

1. Jennifer Roth Carter Says:

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear about this. May the Lord greatly comfort his family during this difficult time.

2. Lee Ehrhardt Says:

Steve Stout and I and a few others went on a missions trip with him years ago, where there was flooding somewhere in MO. Seems way too young. His old roommate John Lundt just told me what happened today. May God comfort the family in knowing he is in a better place, but I know he will be dearly missed.

3. Darren Washington Says:

How tearful it is to lose a school friend. Tears of lose,and Joy!! What a great man John was! I was in the Grace chorale with John and Sam (his Brother). What wonderful times I am remembering talking with John about his Family as we traveled on the Bus as we Toured the country sharing the Gospel of Jesus through songs and testimonies.
    May God comfort and bless you through your grieve today and the days to come.

4. Darren Washington Says:

How tearful it is to loose a school friend. Tears of lose,and Joy!! What a great man John was! I was in the Grace chorale with John and Sam (his Brother). What wonderful times I am remembering talking with John about his Family as we traveled on the Bus as we Toured the country sharing the Gospel of Jesus through songs and testimonies.

5. Casey Says:

John always had a smile or a great attitude while I went to Grace with him. Very helpful and a genuine joy in the Lord. Our prayers are going out for Joleen and son. God bless you in this difficult time.