Friday evening kicked off the weekend with dinner and a concert for the community by Bensonwells. On Saturday alumni enjoyed reunions, looking through yearbooks and GU memorabilia, tours of the campus, and a special luncheon.
During the luncheon Kathy Walter, ‘68 was honored with the Alumna of the Year award, Dr. Dick Dahlquist received the Honorary Alumnus of the Year award, and Tim Wiebe, ‘02 received the Emerging Alumni Leader award. They have all served Grace University, their community and the Lord well.
Addresses were given by three students, one alumnus and by President David Barnes. Music was presented by Grace University’s Chamber Singers, led by Dr. Greg Zielke. The time concluded with an open mic time for alumni to share what the school has meant to them.
Guests were challenged with a trivia quiz during the luncheon. Here is a sampling of the questions.
- The Grace Tidings was first issued in _____?
- What student organization was formed in the spring of 1945 and lives on today? ________ _________ ____________
- The first yearbook was published in _____, and was called ________.
- The first graduating class was in May of ______ with _____ graduates?
- Servant Leadership Training (SLT) was first called ____________ ______________.
Answers: 1. 1943; 2. Student Body Association; 3. 1945, Charis; 4. 1945, 3; 5. Christian Service