Jared T. Burkholder suggests that there are least twelve milestones that are progressively passed as the believer walks the road of spiritual transformation . . .
- Christ enters and changes the believer at the moment of conversion.
- A sense of accountability to the one, true Creator God grows.
- Love for God increases.
- Unconditional love for people develops.
- The scope and frequency of one’s faith and trust expands.
- Wise, obedient choices are made.
- Victories over trials and temptations are won.
- Spiritual strength (“muscle”) increasingly develops.
- Abundant (restful, joyful, peaceful) living is enjoyed.
- The image of Christ is reflected.
- The gospel is adorned and the world made more beautiful.
- God is glorified and made known to the nations.
Photo Courtesy of Erik Henne
Please follow and like us: